Providing large-scale, next generation sequencing services and collaboration to the cancer research community.
About Our program
OICR Genomics is one of Ontario’s most advanced sequencing facilities, providing support throughout each stage of a research project, from initial project design to data analysis using one of Canada’s largest compute infrastructures.
OICR’s Genomics Program has reliably delivered comprehensive or bespoke solutions for both large and small genomic programs, with proven success in generating high-quality results from difficult tissue samples.
Our vision is to improve outcomes for cancer patients by providing meaningful sequencing-based genomic answers.
Our mission is to provide cutting-edge sequencing and analysis solutions on a predictable timeline at affordable prices to scientists in Ontario and beyond. Our focus is human cancers, but our capabilities extend to all scientific fields where genomic information can add value.
- Provide state-of-the-art DNA/RNA sample preparation, library construction and sequencing capabilities to support translational research.
- Evaluate and adopt/adapt new technologies and methodologies for research and clinical applications.
- Where no suitable technologies exist, develop and implement novel approaches and techniques.
Our Services and Expertise
OICR’s Genomics Program has been a key provider of genomic sequencing capabilities to provincial, national and international research projects since 2008. OICR’s Genomics has reliably delivered comprehensive or bespoke solutions for both large and small genomic programs, with proven success in generating reliable results from low input and/or low quality biospecimens, formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) samples, and liquid biopsies. Generation of high quality data sets is ensured by incorporating multiple stages of quality checks into a systematic project workflow involving project design consultation ↔ library preparation ↔ sequencing ↔ analysis. Our reputation is built upon three primary operational objectives:
- Produce: To provide state-of-the-art DNA/RNA library construction, sequencing capabilities and computational sequence analysis to support translational research;
- Enable: To evaluate and adopt/adapt new technologies and methodologies for research and clinical applications; and
- Discover: Where no suitable technologies exist, to develop and implement novel approaches, techniques and analytical pipelines that span the laboratory and informatics levels.
Collaborate with Us
Our Services and Expertise are widely available to researchers in Canada and internationally.
Our Research Output
Zoom, Toronto, Ontario