Dr. Quaid Morris
- Associate (Computational Biology)
Dr. Quaid Morris is a professor at the Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research (University of Toronto) where he also holds cross-appointments in Molecular Genetics and Computer Science. Dr Morris is also a faculty member of the Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence.
The Morris Lab uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to do biomedical research, focusing on cancer evolution, post-transcriptional regulation, and gene function prediction. His work also spans biological image analysis and electronic health record analysis.
Since establishing his lab in 2005, Dr. Morris has published more than 100 peer-reviewed papers in journals and high-impact computer science conferences. His work has gained nearly 15,000 citations. He is an expert in machine learning and its application to genomics data.
- Senior Investigator, OICR
- Associate, Computational, Biology, OICR
- Professor, Donnelly Centre, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Faculty, Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence
- Co-director of Graduate Stream in CB, Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto