Dr. Christina Yung
- Principal Research Scientist (Computational Biology)
- Director (Genome Informatics)
- Principal Research Scientist, OICR (ICGC-ARGO)
- christina.yung oicr.on.ca
Dr. Christina Yung leads a team of software engineers, infrastructure specialists and bioinformaticians at OICR to build tools that empower and accelerate cancer research discoveries. Dr. Yung and her team develop data portals and full stack software for ICGC initiatives (including ICGC ARGO and ICGC’s Data Portal), the Kids First Data Resource Portal and the NCI Genomics Data Commons amongst other big data projects.
Dr. Yung’s previous experience includes managing the Pan-Cancer Analysis of Whole Genomes (PCAWG) Technical Working Group, and the Cancer Genome Collaboratory (CGC). With her interdisciplinary background in bioinformatics, computational biology, machine learning, cancer genomics and cloud computing, Dr. Yung’s work spans multiple scientific disciplines and all cancer types.
- Director, Genome Informatics, OICR
- Principal Research Scientist, Computational Biology, OICR